"...and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than sould can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)"


-E.E. Cummings

Followers

If I Had My Druthers: (Fave Movie, Bands, Color and Hobbies)

  • The Breakfast Club
  • Panic! At the Disco
  • Safety Suit
  • Train
  • The Goo Goo Dolls
  • Orange
  • Scrapbooking (duh!)
  • Writing
  • Photography

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Submission for Once Upon A... Sketch! :D

So, I have been looking around at challenge blogs, and I found a beautiful sketch at Once Upon A... Sketch (http://onceuponasketchblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/hi-everyone-and-welcome-to-september.html) that inspired me greatly. Here is the sketch:
Journalling Criteria : A memorable year - Your title must be a year, and you must journal at least 2 lines on why this year is memorable for you. Examples: the year you got married, the year you graduated, the year you moved to a new house/country, the year you started a new job, the year your child was born, the year you lost someone dear. Your journalling can be in any language and any format (written, typed etc)

So, here is the page that this inspired me to make:

And here are some close ups of the page. :)

 I love this picture, and it seemed like such a perfect analogy to me. :) The plastic-y lookin flowers came off of old hair barrettes that I never wear anymore.
 When I started thinking about which year I would choose for this page, I couldn't think of a year that would be better than 2011. So many changes, good and bad. :) The papers overlapped behing the photo here actually were on a greeting card I found in our craft room, and I loved the colors. So I cut the card up and this was how I decided on a color scheme. :)
I wanted to add a little texture to the journaling so this is what I cam up with. Next time I might try the overlapping bits of paper in a different color that would complement the color scheme. :) I made the flower and the swirly thing. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful interpretation of the sketch and eye-catching details!
    Thanks for playing with us at OUAS!
    Irma

    ReplyDelete