"...and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than sould can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)"


-E.E. Cummings

Followers

If I Had My Druthers: (Fave Movie, Bands, Color and Hobbies)

  • The Breakfast Club
  • Panic! At the Disco
  • Safety Suit
  • Train
  • The Goo Goo Dolls
  • Orange
  • Scrapbooking (duh!)
  • Writing
  • Photography

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Stuck?!

The September 1st Inspiration from Stuck?! (http://stucksketches.blogspot.com/) is so lovely! I just recently enjoyed a family vacation to Galveston, so I have tons of pictures just begging for pages. :) Here is the sketch:

And here is the page I made:
The focus photo is a picture of me and my Dad on the last morning of our trip. We got up before sunrise to search for seashells. As you can see, I've attached a few to the page using glue dots. :) The other two pictures were taken that morning also. I had so many sunrise photos to choose from, but in the end this one was my favorite that I took that morning. The picture of the seashell was the only really big shell we found without holes in it, but *of course* it had a hermit crab in it! Since we couldn't take it with us, we had to commemorate it with a pic. :) Here are some close ups of the page:
These letters started out gold, but I wanted them to pick up the orange of the sunrise more, so I added some orange glitter paint.

My journaling is written on a cream piece of paper that I tore out for some added texture. I really want some of the amazing Tattered Angels sprays that I keep seeing on layouts, but until I get some, I'm stuck with good ol' fingernail polish. :) I painted the edges with a translucent gold-glitter polish that catches the light quite nicely. I don't think you can tell in this pic... But it's there! :)

In place of the flower embellishments in the sketch, I glued seashells on the page in a similar pattern. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment