"...and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than sould can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)"


-E.E. Cummings

Followers

If I Had My Druthers: (Fave Movie, Bands, Color and Hobbies)

  • The Breakfast Club
  • Panic! At the Disco
  • Safety Suit
  • Train
  • The Goo Goo Dolls
  • Orange
  • Scrapbooking (duh!)
  • Writing
  • Photography

Thursday, September 29, 2011

New Page for Sassy Lil' Sketches

I saw the week four sketch at Sassy Lil' Sketches, and knew I had the perfect peices at home for my interpretation of the sketch. :) Here is the sketch:
And here is my page:

This is a picture of my Dad and I at a Luau party thrown by a friend. It was such a fun day, and we love this picture! :) Here are some close-ups:

In place of a flag banner, I used the lei from the party for texture and the pretty colors! I cut it into two pieces, and glued the petals in the arrangement I wanted. :) I painted the letters with glitter paint and glued them with 3-D foam dots at different levels for even more texture.
I cut one of the flowers off the lei for a pop of color at the top of the photo. I couldn't resist having at least ONE button. ;)

Here's a close-up of the squares of paper and the journaling. After I found papers that best complemented my photo, I cut them into rectangles and squares, then outlined them in glitter paint. The journaling is attached with 3-D foam dots to visually separate the squares and the journalling. :)

I hope you like this page! It's one of the most colorful I've done, and I love it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment