"...and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than sould can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)"


-E.E. Cummings

Followers

If I Had My Druthers: (Fave Movie, Bands, Color and Hobbies)

  • The Breakfast Club
  • Panic! At the Disco
  • Safety Suit
  • Train
  • The Goo Goo Dolls
  • Orange
  • Scrapbooking (duh!)
  • Writing
  • Photography

Thursday, September 22, 2011

White With 1 :D

I have been following White With 1 for a while, and I finally decided to participate in the challenge. :) I've been trying to challenge myself to grow creatively, so I've been scrapping and crafting ALOT! I love all of these amazing challenge blogs, because they're such beautiful outlets for so many people's amazing creativity. :) So, enough chatting. The challenge for September was to use: White + Pale Pink + Journal on your photo. And here is my page:
 This is a picture of Mom and I when I was teeniny. :) I had a horrible case of the chicken pox, and Mom and Dad had rubbed calamine lotion all over me. :) So the pale pink was perfect! :) I stamped "You are my sunshine, My only sunshine" across the photo and the page, because that's our song. :) Here are some close ups (finally!):

Here is the stamping. Sorry about the shadow... :( But you can still see it. :) I bought these little bitty alpha stamps in the dollar bin of Target, and used a paint I mixed to put the base pink down. After it dried I went over the letters with the same gel pen I used for the journaling at the top of the page. Also, I used the paint to go around the edges of the photo and the lace to mimick the calamine lotion spots in the picture. :)

Here I cut out a swirl from the edge of the paper that I used for the background of the photo to pull out a little more pink. :) I finally found a place to use a package of butterfly stickers that I have had for months!!! I was so excited. :) And then I added a daisy because my mom and I both love daisies. As you can see, I added some paint under and around the swirl also, leaving some bits unglued to add 3-D texture.
Here's a close up of the lace. :) As I said earlier, I painted the edges of the lace, and then added a few buttons for to add to the "sweet" look I intended for the page. And, another of the butterflies I mentioned.

So, I hope you liked this page. I love it so very much, not only because I worked hard on it but because it makes memories that are very special to me with my Mom a tangible thing. :)

5 comments:

  1. oh how lovely Jess.. a special memory to scrap of you and your mum... i love the lace, and the pink is gorgeous.. beautiful take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous page ... love it and thanks for playing with us .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lace. Great job. Thanks for playing along with us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout...I too love the lace & your butterflies! Glad you gave the challenge a go...looking forward to seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my y'all are too sweet! Thank you so much for your encouragement!! :D

    ReplyDelete