"...and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than sould can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)"


-E.E. Cummings

Followers

If I Had My Druthers: (Fave Movie, Bands, Color and Hobbies)

  • The Breakfast Club
  • Panic! At the Disco
  • Safety Suit
  • Train
  • The Goo Goo Dolls
  • Orange
  • Scrapbooking (duh!)
  • Writing
  • Photography

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Stuck?! Again. :)

The September 15th sketch at Stuck?! (http://stucksketches.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-15th-sketch.html) is so lovely, and when I saw it, I knew I had the perfect photo for the LO. As a very novice scrapper, I have so much to learn. I love participating in these challenges, because I get to grow in my own creativity, and be inspired by the wonderful work of others!  Here is the sketch:

And here is my page:
This picture is of David and I at his brother's wedding. :) We danced so much, and it was a beautiful day I'll never forget. I've been hanging on to this pic for a while, just waiting for the perfect inspiration.  Here are some closeups:

Here is the title/journaling. The little letters weren't showing up well, so I outlined them with black sharpie pen. The larger letters (DANCED) were brown punch-outs that I painted with gold glitter glue, and also outlined. The buttons are from my personal button box. :)
I've been looking for a place to use these sticker words, and used two on this page, "trust" here and "love" up in the left-hand corner.
I love this quote sticker. It was so perfect for this picture, especially. :) The little diamond is actually a floor tile meant for a doll house, but I loved the gold and white pattern. As you can see, I added some lace under the strips of paper for some texture.

I have no clue why this buckle seemed so important to have on this page... But as one of my favorite quotes states: “When the creative impulse sweeps over you, grab it. You grab it and honor it and use it, because momentum is a rare gift.”
Justina Chen Headley, North of BeautifulI saw the buckle, and I knew I wanted it there. :) I think it works nicely. Here is the other word sticker (love).

And finally, a close up of the doilie I used. It's paper, purchased from Hobby Lobby. And Yay, yay, yay, for me: I finally got some of the amazing distress ink by Tim Holtz!!! :D I used the lovely Tea Dye color, though there are what seems like HUNDREDS to choose from. :)

So this is one of my favorite pages so far. Like the memory of that day, I will treasure it forever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment