"...and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than sould can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)"


-E.E. Cummings

Followers

If I Had My Druthers: (Fave Movie, Bands, Color and Hobbies)

  • The Breakfast Club
  • Panic! At the Disco
  • Safety Suit
  • Train
  • The Goo Goo Dolls
  • Orange
  • Scrapbooking (duh!)
  • Writing
  • Photography

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Promise at Bird is the Word!




Bird is the Word's January first challenge word is "Promise". This is the sketch:
Such a great sketch!!! I modified it a little bit for my layout, but it was truly inspiring. :) So, without further ado, here is my page:
I have been saving this ocean-themed paper for a looong time for some of our Galveston pictures, and when I saw the sketch and the word at Bird is the Word, it just clicked! :) I cut the some of the waves just enough to slip the picture of me posing on a little wooden boat that was sitting outside of a resturant we ate at on our vacation into them as if the boat was really in the water, which I must admit made me feel like a scrapbooking genius. ;) Instead of using more photos in the top left-hand corner, I put my journaling there and made it yellow to mimic the yellow of sunlight. I cut the clouds from another sheet of paper and glued them at different levels of height for some 3D texture, and then went crazy with the glitter paint! I glittered the waves, the clouds, and the journaling tag layers. My title is "I promise... that I will always make time to be silly.", and the journaling says "As we grow older, it's easy to get wrapped up in the seriousness of life. But I think a little silliness is good for the soul!". I hope you enjoyed looking at this page as much as I enjoyed making it. Thanks for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

  1. what a clever layout...very artistic..thanks for playing along at BITW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute page
    tks for playing along at Bird is the word
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete